Friday, June 6, 2008

Sign of the Times

T and I got a babysitter and left the house at 9 p.m. on a Thursday night for the first time in a LONG time. It was Lori's birthday and we had been summoned to the Hibernian for some fun. We forced ourselves out the door and yawned all the way to Glenwood. Then we drove around searching for a parking spot while watching the Glenwood wildlife. I can tell I am officially a mother now because when I see girls in their twenties in tiny dresses with cheesy guys with polo shirt collars turned up I start to imagine V at that age and shudder. Please, please, PLEASE let her be too nerdy (and/or punk rock) to ever go bar hopping with boys named Tad that drive BMWs.

At any rate, we had a great time screaming over the loud, mostly bad music at the bar. T made a new friend and I got to see my favorite Raleigh ladies Lori and Sarah. We got home at 11:30 and felt like we'd accomplished something for making it out of the house. I wish I could pinpoint the moment in time when it became an "effort" to go out and have fun. I could blame it on V but that wouldn't be fair because I think I was on the road to fuddy duddy before she was born.

So happy birthday Lori and thanks for having an event that got us out of the house!

No comments: