Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Day in the Life

I sometimes take the time to think about how great life is for a toddler. Let's take this past Saturday as an example of V's life:

7:30 a.m. Daddy gets me out of the crib and gives me some milk and a granola bar. We immediately go "side, side, side" on the back porch to play.

8:00 a.m. Help mama make scones for breakfast.
9:15 a.m. Nap for an hour.

10:15 a.m. Ride a few blocks to the neighborhood elementary school for a neighborhood family party.
Participate in an early 4th of July parade.


Eat some watermelon.
12:00 Try out my new potty. Just testing it so far, no actual results just yet. I'm just getting used to the idea of it being in the bathroom.


12:30 Lunch from Neomonde Deli. Pizza, hooray! After acting really excited about it, I eat 4 olive slices and nibble all the crust off 3 mini-pieces and proceed to yell "fwuit, fwuit, fwuit" until I get some peaches and blueberries.

1:30-3:00 Nap #2. Very refreshing. Get up, get dressed for guests coming over for the afternoon/evening. Have a few chips while I wait on them to show up. Model my monkey socks that I have refused to take off all week. Please note that band-aid is for looks only, I refuse to start my day without either a band-aid or sticker.


3:45 Kids come over! Eavan (5) and Emmy (20 months) entertain me for the next 5 hours.

I am a great host and show Emmy where the good beer is on the screened in porch. We eat enormous quantities of (dirty) ice.


8:45 p.m. 2 hours past my regular bedtime and I am trying to give Daddy the hint that I need to go to sleep. Eavan tries to keep my spirits up.


9:00 p.m. Dissolve into tears from over-stimulation! What a great day. Let's do it again next weekend in D.C.

1 comment:

Stephanie Coyne said...

oooh, I can't wait! Are you bringing the potty?