Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nanny Report v. 1, issue 2

Sooooo, I am a picky, picky mother (which is my right, I did GROW this child inside me and CARRY her around for 10, not 9, months) and I have not fallen in love with new nanny Jordan. There's not one specific thing* I can pinpoint that's "wrong" so to speak...I just don't LOVE her and V doesn't really seem attached either.

Our neighborhood has a yahoo listserv and as I was reading it last week for the latest tidbits on who was hauling dirt and who needed a plumber in the 'hood I saw a post from a kindergarten teacher from the school that is in our backyard saying she was available for summer nannying. So I emailed her and today she came over for her very tough interview that included a trip to the park, playing with trucks, coloring and checking out the contents of our fridge.

She is coming over tomorrow for a trial run...keep your fingers crossed. She asked all the right questions, V pulled her all over the yard and house and I got a good vibe from her.

Maybe she's the ONE!

*Well there was one thing that my husband thinks isn't a big deal but I was the sick one so I found it annoying on two counts. On the morning I was on my deathbed, sound asleep, trying to cling to life while fighting off a 102 degree temperature, she had the nerve to throw open the door to my bedroom and announce that SHE was sick and about to vomit and had to leave. #1 WHY IS SHE COMING TO WORK if she is that sick? #2 NEVER WAKE A SICK PERSON

No comments: