Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hot Tamale

I've been dying my hair since about age 19 (secret is out!)...over the course of all those years I have learned that the hair dye makers always discontinue whatever color I like after about 6 months to a year. Usually, I can find a similar shade, no problem.

Every now and then I make a bad call. Hot tamale was a bad call.

The alluring box:


The actual results are Ronald McDonald-like and completely awful. Tres called it "Red, as in, really the color red. Not like a redhead. Just red"

Needless to say, I have a hair appointment with a professional at 2:30 tomorrow. Ugh, at least I work at a theatre. People are used to seeing strange things there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother dyed her hair for 60 years. Need I say more?
AC

Anonymous said...

So where is the picture of you with this red hair?
Ann

Unknown said...

the pictures really couldnt do it justice.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That's what hats are for!
Ann/Moma

Anonymous said...

Seriously E, I am not sure how you saw that box and didn't assume it was going to be "red, the color red." I think secretly you just wanted to be pampered at the salon! However, Cherry Cola is lovely on you. Well done.

pp