Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Despite V responding "nope!" every single time I asked her if she wanted to go trick-or-treating this year, T & I braved a neighborhood full of ghosts and goblins so that our toddler could beg candy from neighbors and strangers.

Clearly I thought Tres was taking a picture in this video; sorry for the prolonged perma-smile.

V is in a "mama, mama, mama" mode so she made me carry her door-to-door in our cul-de-sac.


Once she realized she was getting candy that she could keep she got very enthusiastic about trick-or-treating.



Only one of our neighbors was home (and might I note that we did not get a SINGLE trick-or-treater? Weight gain is in our future) so we decided to drive to our old street across the neighborhood to see former neighbors and V admirers on Powell Drive. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a squirmy 22 month old in a fuzzy pegasus costume into a car seat?


After ringing 8 door bells we headed home with a bag 1/2 full of candy and a hungry toddler .


I really planned on being a mean mother who wouldn't give her child any candy but I caved. It was totally worth it to see her so excited about dark chocolate. I think it was the only moment of the night when she enjoyed Halloween as much as we did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginia is even cuter when she is eating dark chocolate! Yumo!

Stephanie Coyne said...

SO cute! Was that inspired by your Baloney Ponies? ; ) Even cuter is your great shirt? What fantastic friend gave you that shirt? You are so lucky!