Monday, November 10, 2008

Gratitude

WARNING: CHEESE AHEAD

There are many reasons I love my husband- he's a hard worker, he's creative, he loves to vacuum after I leave for work and, of course, he's totally cute.

A week or so ago when I mentioned that I'd like to take a trip to DC for my dear friend Steph's baby shower with girlfriend Vicki WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN, he was totally cool. "Sure," he said, "no problem. V and I will have a Daddy-daughter weekend!"

I thought surely as the weekend got closer he'd panic.

I thought once he learned I'd cleverly scheduled her flu shot for the day before I left, he'd insist I stay home in case she got sick.

Nope!

He sent my phone no fewer than 12 pictures documenting their trips to the flea market, the park, the pub, Marbles, whatever. He fed her ice cream for lunch. He let her play in mud. They had a blast.

So in honor of T, I wrote an original piece of music. Watch the video below to enjoy V's rendition of "Daddy is the Best" by Emily Bruce.



I have a future in the music industry, right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I wished my kids felt that way about me.

Anonymous said...

Virginia,
You are one lucky girl to have such a good Daddy, AND Moma!

Bill said...

Nice work Tres... you are keeping the pressure on the rest of us. Thanks for that.

Have you raced your CX bike? I would understand if it has been neglected.

Stephanie Coyne said...

who are all these anonymous people on your blog??!! Just kidding. I just wanted to comment that V is wearing ONE CUTE jacket in this video! Totally worth the 10 hours of driving and DC traffic, right??

Unknown said...

sorry, bill, no cx racing. i do ride that bike quite a bit though. here lately i'm lucky if i can ride once a week.

Elaine said...

very cool jacket. And I note the song is being sung while the child is in perpetual motion. ;)