Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July Weekend...party party party

July 4 was a great day at the VeggieBruce's! V waited impatiently for her friends to arrive
because she knew what was in store:

2 pools full of kids


1 slip and slide


a ridiculous amount of food (thanks to everyone who brought something)

and best of all, fireworks!



Could you ask for a more appreciative audience than that? Zane loves fireworks.

V liked them too, although a bit less effusively.


Somehow I missed the opportunity to take a picture of Tres' first adventure in kegging his home brew (sorry, T). He made an IPA using the hops he grew on our back porch and it was a hit! Less of a hit were my terrible pouring skills. Yes, I'm 33 years old and this was my first time pouring beer out of a keg tap. My Dean's List college years should be enough proof of that...if the foam in your cup didn't already convince you.

At any rate, each Bruce had a great time with friends and neighbors...

I think we'll do it again next year. After we take a little nap.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the pic of the kiddos sitting on the curb - lined up to watch!

E Bruce - no keg skills in college? This dean's list girl learned those skills - oh wait, UT is a bit different that GA Tech :)

Tres - your beer brewing skills have truly earned your nickname that we call ya'll as a fam when Bill or I mention you - the Brewskies.

~Erin