Sunday, March 21, 2010

We did it, we did it...

So I finished my first 1/2 marathon in 5 years and now I can't stop singing the little song they always sing at the end of Dora when they finish whatever mission they are on...we did it, we did it, we did it yeah!

At any rate my BFF from Richmond, April Stump Heitchue talked me into running the Tobacco Road 1/2 Marathon in Cary along with one of her BFFs from college, Amy Reynolds-Hatfied who lives near Fayetteville with her husband Tracy.

I got up at 4:45 a.m. to meet them and carpool over to the race.

Here we are a 6 a.m. just after arriving at the race.


Here we are 13.1 miles and over 2 hours later, still smiling but a little sweaty.

I'm showing off a killer blood blister on my right foot that you can thank me for not taking a close up picture of and posting here.

Wonderful Tres made the trek out to the course with V to cheer us on at mile 11ish and right before the finish line. Nothing could be cuter than those 2 cheering on Mama...and I needed it about that time. My feet and back were killing me.


It was a lot fun doing a big race again and I had forgotten just how nerdy runners are. Bad fashion, bad hair, disgusting port-a-potty manners. But I loved it. And I finished in 2:12:49 which, if I remember correctly, is faster than any of my previous 1/2 marathons. Life after 30 isn't so bad after all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go E! You did it, you did it!
Ann

Erin said...

Woo hoo...you go girl. I am contemplating a 1/2 marathon goal for next April in Nashville. First, need to get this big baby out in May/June.

Erin