Saturday, March 20, 2010

Princess Party

Almost as soon as her birthday party was over, V began requesting a princess party. I am sure this is because she really wanted to have a princess themed birthday party, but I talked her out of it because she had invited several boys to come and I just didn't think they'd enjoy the Cinderella experience.

V was very specific about her princess party. She wanted Bridget,
Scarlett,
and Nora to attend.

She wanted to dress up.

She wanted to make paper flowers.

I threw in a cardboard castle for the girls to decorate, and Bridget's younger brother Christopher (aka Crispy) took to it like a second home.

Add a little monkey bread, plenty of munchkin doughnut holes and a few pieces of fruit for good measure and the results were:

The only down side was that V had not slept well the night before, so about an hour into the party she started disapperaring only to be found hiding behind the curtains or trying to nap inside the castle.

(This is Bridget trying to talk V into getting out of the castle!)

By the time everyone left she was thoroughly princess-ed out and fell asleep on the couch before lunch was ready.

Does this get me into the running for the Mom of the Year award???

4 comments:

Stephanie Coyne said...

Um, yes! For no other reason then the fact that when you and Tres said "getting ready for a princess party," I thought you meant SOMEONE ELSE'S BIRTHDAY!!!! Princess party in the middle of March for no good reason other than V wanted one?!

Parents of the Year indeed!

I have a feeling that you'll think running 13 miles is easier.....

Renee said...

Def Mom of the Year award in my book! Our little princess had much fun w/your little princess:-) Thanks so much for inviting us!

Erin said...

I L O V E that ya'll hosted a princess party...just today Bill was talking about how to pull off a fireman or train party (for C in October, but relevant to our random conversation)...good job friend!

Erin

Anonymous said...

I would say this princess party makes you mother of the year! What fun for those girls. I love the "after party" picture!
Love,
Grandma/Ann