Monday, August 17, 2009

August Adventures Part I: Richmond

The VeggieBruce adventures all started with a trip to Richmond to celebrate dear friends April & Jim's wedding. They were smart and went on a trip to Bali and got hitched!


Debbie, April, Jim and Regis. Yes, Regis!

April is the woman who talked me into running marathons several years ago by introducing me to my personal training hero Hal Higdon. I'm still kind of mad about how easy she made it all seem while I was panting like a dog for 26.2 miles. TWICE.

Anyway, April is another one of my friends that is extremely crafty. So crafty she MADE sparkly, gold chocolate Buddha heads to go with her Bali theme at the reception.
She also somehow found banana leaves to use as placemats. And decorated the cake. If it wasn't so pretty, it would be annoying. :)

We had a great time catching up with Richmond friends. Including April's two other friends who have babies born on December 20.

Amy is in the middle, her son Reese was born 12/20/07 and Kelly is on the end, her twins Jack and Sadie were born 12/20/05. We are lobbying April to join the club in 2010.

We had to leave the reception a little early because V managed to throw up all over Grandma. Twice. Sorry Grandma! Luckily she was feeling much better the next day, allowing us to embark on August Adventures Part II...


No comments: