Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Bonnie Ann Freeman Shackelford

Today is my Mama's birthday! Don't you dare ask how old she is. Any idiot can see she's just a hair over 50, which keeps me just a hair over 20 forever. We've agreed it's the way things should be.

To celebrate we had a party at Chez Bruce last night- I even drug the kitchen table out on the back deck for a more festive atmosphere.

We had delicious Italian food with plenty of garlic. I'm sure the neighbors thought we had a vampire problem we were trying to clear up.

I want to thank my husband, dad, brother and Chrissy for NOT joining in as I tried to sing Happy Birthday with a noisemaker in my mouth. And by "thank" I mean "call them jerks" (Tres claims since he was taking pictures he was exempt from singing. I disagree.)

We wish my brother Malcolm and his wife Sarah could have partied with us so the whole Shackelford family could have been together...but then again, there would have been less garlic bread to go around so maybe a small part of me is glad they were unable to make the trip from Tallahassee. (Just kidding Malcolm & Sarah!)

So everyone can feel like they were part of the fun, here are a few more pictures of the evening:





HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONNIE/MAMA/QUEENIE/KIKI
We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*I* would have sung along with you, sis.

Anonymous said...

(it's me, your Tallahassee sis-in-law)