Sunday, March 1, 2009

BFFs are the best medicine

So I've been sick- on and off, mostly on- for going on 2 weeks. Work is hard (fundraising is not easy in a recession), the weather stinks (seriously, more snow?) and Tres & I can't stop coughing.

I was just thinking to myself, "what are we going to do for the rest of this cold, wet Saturday?" when we arrived home from Target. I notice a car in the cul-de-sac but really don't think anything about it. Then I start to unlock the front door and see in my hallway A SCREAMING BABY IN A CAR SEAT. I start screaming to Tres, "There's a baby in our house! There's a baby in our house!" as I'm fumbling to get in the house, thinking I need to rescue whatever strange baby this is crying in my hallway. I get inside and out pop Stephanie, Brian and James Coyne from the living room screaming "surprise!"

My dear, dear BFF drug her husband, her 2 1/2 year old and a 4 week old baby 4+ hours in the car to see me on a rainy Saturday. Let's say it all together now..."Awwwwwwww!"

Needless to stay, I was completely taken off guard, tears are stinging my eyes, I knock down poor James while in the throws of hugging Steph, baby Molly and Brian and I was mentally out-of-it for at least 10 minutes.

BEST SURPRISE EVER. What cold? What recession? What rain? I did nothing but enjoy myself for the last 24 hours.

I love that Stephanie Coyne.
(And Tres for keeping it a secret!)

P.S. Thank goodness I cleaned the toilets and shower Saturday morning! :)

No comments: