Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Let's hear it for Kristy!

So our darling, wonderful summer babysitter DD had to go back to work as a teacher at the elementary school in our back yard. The nerve! I almost cried as she drove away last week and I think my extended hug before she got in the car might have freaked her out a bit.

Luckily God, fate and co-worker Staci brought Kristy into our lives. She came over last weekend to meet V and within 5 minutes V had her crawling back and forth through the tunnel on the playground in 94 degree weather. Kristy passed the following important nanny tests:

1. V could immediately say her name and thus began bossing her around with "Kristy coming" (meaning follow me Kristy!), "Kristy sit dere" (meaning sit exactly where I'm pointing) and "Kristy monkey house" (meaning come and sit in the monkey house with me). Kristy followed direction well.
2. V pinched her finger on the playground and did her famous cry, hold breath for 20 seconds, scream really loud routine. Kristy didn't even flinch and comforted V quite well in the hot sun while I watched from the bench in the shade.
3. You read the tunnel thing already. Allow me to reiterate that it was 94 degrees outside.

So, on top of her very impressive resume (Oldest of 6 children, including 4 brothers. I have 2 brothers and I know how warped that made me, so I can't imagine how warped she must be. In a good way of course.) she is also cute as a button so V is in heaven.

Final bit of testimonial from V herself.

Me: Did you have fun with Kristy today?
V: YES!
Me: What did you do?
V: We made a MESS!

Yet the house was spotless. Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

Bill said...

Happy that you found Kristy so quickly...a blessing indeed. 94 degrees? That's nothing (Sunday high was 107 - no joke)...

Erin