Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hair Help

FACT:Virginia has a lot of hair...I mean a LOT of hair...and this dry, winter weather makes it kind of crazy. (see the crazy picture of the month to the left if you don't believe me)

FACT: T is wonder Dad and has morning duty with V, including feeding her breakfast, getting her dressed and "fixing" her hair.

FACT: The "fixing" of her hair typically means brushing around the barrette I put in her hair when she got up and occasionally reapplying a pulled out barrette. I am grateful for this-I have fond flashbacks of crooked ponytails and loose barrettes applied by my own father when my mom had worked the night shift as a nurse.

FACT: V's hair usually looks like the photo below when I leave the house:


FACT: V has wonderful teachers at her new school and Ms. Kelly is particularly sweet. For example, when V was sick at school last Friday her words to me on the phone were not "come pick up your barfing kid!" They were, instead, "our baby is sick and just threw up!" Today she took hair matters into her own hands and produced the hair below.

Enjoy it now because it'll never look like this again, even if T & I tried really hard.

3 comments:

Stephanie Coyne said...

omg. she is getting so big!!!! Do you think this hair is the precursor to cornrows? THAT I would like to see...

Hale Family said...

Sophie has curly hair and already has a good portion. I'm terrified of doing her hair. I can hardly do my own hair. I don't want my daughter to resent me for having ugly hairdos growing up. Please start making a list of little girl hair tips to give me at Felder's.

Erin said...

Can V give Carter some hair? They are in the same reddish/brown family...

Erin