Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chewed Out

So I was making up the bed just a few minutes ago and V starts crying. Since I've been sick and T was sick today I assume she must be feeling bad and I go in to check on her. Instead of finding a sick baby, I find an irate one. Actual conversation:

Me: What's wrong baby?
V: Mama (crying)
Me: Are you OK?
V: Mama...making noises.
Me: Do you want to rock and sing some songs?
V: Mama making NOISES and I can't sleep.
Me: What?
V: Mama making noises. Mama making noises. Mama making lots of loud noises.
Me: Did I wake you up getting the sheets out of the closet?
V: Mama making TOO MANY NOISES!
Me: I am sorry baby. Can I sing you some songs to get you back to sleep?
V: Yes but don't make any more noises.
Me: Sorry Virginia. I won't make any more noises.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow...I guess she told you! Think this is bad...how 'bout the same conversation when she's 14.
Schwangstons

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the SNL skit when the baby gets on the phone and calls the mother. In a low deep voice she says"you'd better check on the baby". And when she does the baby says " mom, would you get me a drink of water". That little girl is just too smart!

Proud Paw Paw

Anonymous said...

Well I guess V is speaking her mind! Sorry to hear E and T have been sick! Hope yall feel better soon.
Love,
Grandma Ann